Friday, October 4, 2013

Heart Canvas

I saw a post from Southern Lovely a while back that spark some interest in my lull in crafting.  I made something very similar to hers.  I believe she used burlap behind her buttons instead of paint.  



 I bought 14 x 14 canvas and evenly spaced out ~ 2 inch strips of contact paper and applied black paint in between each strip.  Once that dried I laid a heart stencil out of contact paper on the center of the canvas.  I applied 3 or 4 coats of red paint and let it dry.

Me   You Canvas

I made another stencil using "Set Fire to Rain" font for the Me + You section.


 And the most meticulous part of this project was gluing the buttons on one by one.  I bought a couple of packages of red buttons from Michaels for this project. 







Practically Functional Link Party
Elizabeth and Co.The Idea Room


5 comments:

  1. Your button heart is just adorable! And what a great way to re-use the buttons collecting dust in the cupboard. Visiting via 'Be Inspired @ Elizabeth &Co'. You can find me over at www.ritewhileucan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! I love the colors. I'm hosting a giveaway for two modern printed kitchen towels that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-tea-towel-set-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete



  3. Great project !!

    I would love you to come and share @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party !!!

    Look forward to seeing you there :)

    http://lemonpaperdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/craft-create-inspire-linky-party-4.html

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I love the buttons!
    Thanks for sharing at Artsy Corner link party! You were featured this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made another stencil using "Set Fire to Rain" font for the Me + You section. ... towelsset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete