Monday, September 3, 2012

Random Wall Decor

I have been working on decorating my hallway wall over the last month or so.
Here are my finishing touches.

IMG_1408

This a $1 frame I picked up from Michaels a while back.
I painted it grey and added a vinyl design (corner flourish) using my Silhouette Cameo.
Like my scroll tree, the silhouette had a hard time cutting some of the
curves on this design.  I just sliced them off with an exacto knife and no one will
know the difference.  Unless they read my blog..... :)

I used www.wordle.net to create the places we have lived design.
It is a SUPER easy website to use.  You just type in the words you want and
it allows you to play with the text and background colors as well as layout.

IMG_1404

The back broke on this frame a while back, but I couldn't let it go.
This was nothing a little burlap and rosette couldn't fix!


IMG_1394

I needed something to frame in my gigantic, not so pretty thermostat.
Pier One had a frame sale this weekend so I couldn't resist buying this one!












The DIY DreamerPoofy CheeksMaiden D'Shade
 
mop it up mondaysThe Girl Creative








13 comments:

  1. Love your Rosette on Burlap. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Thanks for this tip!

    www.wordle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE them!!!! Especially the rosette on the burlap!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that I'm following you! Frame around the thermostat....GENIUS. Ours is smack dab in the middle of the wall in the dining room and I had no idea what to do with it. Thanks so much for posting on the DIY Dreamer link party:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand why they have to stick those things in the worst places! I hope it works out for you. :) The nice thing about the frame is if you have to change out the thermostat, there will always be a frame to fit it!

      Delete
  5. Cute way to make the thermostat pretty, and I just love your little rosette on the burlap inside the frame. What a great idea and use of a leftover frame. It's simple and sweet!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so beautiful, and an absolutely fantastic idea. We had to replace our thermostat a few months ago, and the new one is smaller. Now I know how to fix the paint lines. Thanks so much for sharing. Your newest follower from the Sunday Showoff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such great frames! thanks so much for mentioning wordle.net!! I've been looking for an alternative since picnic isn't running anymore! Love the rosette too. Thanks for sharing! Officially a new follower ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute frame ideas! The rosette on burlap is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the burlap and rosette frame. It looks great! I am a follower of your blog and would love if you could hop over to my blog (http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com/) and share the blog love. Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the burlap and rosette ! Visiting from the blog hop.
    Connie from Sadieloohoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The burlap and rosette just spells out p-e-r-f-e-c-t!!!! Pinning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Say G'day Linky Party! I have shared this post on Google+. I love the burlap frame!

    Hope to see you again this Saturday.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete